1 Danni stamp (as used in all our creations today)
1 Bag of mixed charms
1 Bag of flat backed pearls
A winner will be drawn randomly on Wednesday 28th October at 1pm GMT.
A few pics today for my project! When I got my 2nd DT package from Elaine she sent me some of her newly arrived wooden shapes and in with the mix was this lovely large heart available here and such a bargain at 99p! When I saw it I couldn't wait to start altering it!
Here are some step by steps for the heart plaque:
Here's some close-ups:~
- Paint the edges with Adirondack acrilyic paint dabber in Cranberry or similar and leave to dry.
- I used some Tim Holtz grunge shapes for the wings, I painted them in the same Cranberry colour and whilst wet spritzed some Shimmerz in Mudpie. Leave to dry until tacky.
- Apply Tim Holtz Sepia Accents (whilst still tacky) which will give it a protective finish, with a warm tint and used in this way (wet and with the Shimmerz) also gives a light crackled appearance. Leave to dry.
- Apply adhesive to the wooden heart and cover with paper-I used some MME which had been spritzed again with Shimmerz and inked with distress ink in frayed burlay and aged mahogany.
- File edges of heart to neaten.
- Wrap some tulle around the heart-I used Bazzill tulle in truffle available here.
- Adhere grunge wings to the heart with strong adhesive.
- Cut Danni out with a circle nesties shape and matt on brown core-dinations card.
- Colour Danni and mount onto the plaque.
- Add a butterfly from the brown Prima Say it In Pearls sheet
Here's the main pic of the card which matches the heart plaque. Danni is coloured with copics and Ranger Sepia Accents applied to image after the wings were painted with Shimmerz Spritz in Mudpie (combined with the Sepia Accents it applies a light crackled effect). Used more Prima Say it in Pearls . Machine stitching all around the edges of the MME papers and image. All other ingredients are from Quixotic Paperie.The layout of the card was using the fabby sketch over at A Spoonful of Sugar. Since I've also used Danni I think I fit the criteria over at Flutterby Wednesday too.
So here's the links of the other DT members that you need to visit and leave comments with, I haven't seen their projects yet so am off to visit them myself! No doubt they will have created fabulous creations though-they always do!
Rosette (Guest DT)
Good luck! Thanks so much for stopping by today! xxx