Friday 30 October 2009

Stamp Something DT meets Sugar Nellie DT and I'm back!

Hi lovelies! I've been missing for just over a week and some of you have been wondering where I got to! Thanks for your concern! But actually I've been away for a few days to visit family, which I had planned to mention but I didn't end up getting online with one thing and another. Seems to have been a busy week all round:) Missed you all while I was away! So how have you all been? I have been sneaking in a few minutes here and there to check mr google reader out to see what you've all been upto! I'm sorry to say that I seem to be totally behind in my blog visiting, emails and the lot, I'm so sorry if I haven't replied to you, I shall do all those things shortly. Right onto the card, and then a bit more chatter;)

Todays card is for my Stamp Something dt card, with the challenge this week being cute and fuzzy, good theme isn't it? I've used this darling stamp I got in my dt kit from Sugar Nellie. Totally gorgeous! I absolutely loved colouring her and her little friend in:) All the papers are Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly, love this paper stack! The sentiment is by Stampendous which I got a little bit stung by while I was away as I picked it up, didn't notice the brand and for some reason thought it was 99p but then realised after I'd paid it was £4.99!!! I could buy a Sugar Nellie stamp for that! So you'll be seeing it a lot in different variations so I get me moneys worth! hahaha.

Stuff: Sugar Nellie stamp 'Angel Wishes' available from Funkykits here, copics to colour, sakura clear stardust pen to add glitter from Quixotic Paperie here, Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly papers, bling from stash, SU choc chip cardstock, Papermania felt ribbon (from last year), sewing machine, distress ink in frayed burlap and worn lipstick.

Here's a little close-up:~
I'm going to enter this into a few challenges: Winter Wonderland (open theme), Simon Says (all that sparkles), The Pixie Cottage (celebrate), LaLa Land (ribbon).

So what plans do you have for the weekend? Any Halloween parties?! We're having a little party tomorrow then Saturday night we're taking Leo to a local country park that are having a Halloween party for kiddies-it sounds so fun! I'll tell you all about it after! We got lots of Halloween decorations and stuff yesterday and this afternoon Leo helped me bake some cupcakes which I'll ice in the morning! I'll have to take some pics of Leo in his costume to show you-he's wearing this skeleton outfit with glow in the dark bones! Cute! Well I shall be back soon with another Christmassy card probably tomorrow:) Take care and thanks for popping by to see me and any comments you might leave, I love hearing from you xxx


34 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the colour and the image is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rowena
    Nice to see you back,hope you had a nice break.
    Your card is gorgeous as always,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! I love this! Actually, I love all your fab creations :) Thanks for Playing with the Pixies!

    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous!Love this fairy! I wondered who had got her!!! Great sentiment too even if it was a bit pricey :)

    hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your Christmas card with this cute Country Cousin fairy. Enjoy your Halloween.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card Ro! Love the sweet image and your beautiful coloring. Fab papers and accents too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MM Rowena,
    Beautiful card chick and I love the Cosmo Cricket papers. You were stung on the stamp chick over here that would equal in AUS dollars about $12.50 now that is too much for a sentiment don't you agree. Tomorrow is Beltane for the Southern Hemisphere and we will be doing a little something on this side of the world.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,

    Glad to have you back. Fabulous card. The image is so cute and I love your colouring. The sentiment is great but £4.99 is a bit steep!!
    Glad to say we have a Halloween party to go to tomorrow plus some fireworks too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Absolutely love the colour you've used!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is fantastic! Beautiful the colours, the papers, the image and gorgeous the ribbon!!)

    thans for joining the simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rowena this card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Rowena. I missed seeing your fab creations. This card is so sweet. This Country Cousins image is adorable and the CC papers are so yummy!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, this is so cute, perfect in every way!! Have a great Halloween!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is gorgeous Rowena and I love that sentiment, a great text!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rowena - I was wondering where you have been. Glad you had some quality time with family. We have been quiet here as usual - kids driving me bananas. LOL.

    Gorgeous card. Love this image - she is so so so cute. I must get her. Oh I am gonna have so many xmas stamps. LOL.

    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is absolutely fabulous, I had to go and buy that stamp before I even left you a comment!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! Just wonderful! Love the felt. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rowena! Just love this card, so cute! I'm a big fan of Sugar Nellie, and you've done a fab job with this little lady! Great sentiment stamp, definately worth the money (hope that makes you feel better about spending so much on it lol)! Sorry to see you're leaving the SS DT, hope you pop by to visit now and again.
    Take care, Shelly :)
    PS. Have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card and I so love that sentiment too. Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card.. sweet image and a great sentiment!! xx Marley

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so gorgeous, lovely card. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh....this is just the cutest!!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week and hope to see you again!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute image, beautiful card and I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rowena this is gorgeous! Thank you for entering this beauty in the Pixie Cottage challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this looks so beautiful! Great colours and image. Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! Love the coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous Rowena!! I love that furry trim on there and this image is so pretty!! Love the pretty colors that you have used!! Such a pretty card!! Happy Halloween to you as well!! Martha eat your heart out!! LOL
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card! Everything is so perfect, the papers, the sweet image and your awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is totally gorogus hun so detailed as usuall love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is just stunning as always. Gorgeous image and papers and the sentiment stamp was worth the money !!!

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo and the SSC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  32. So pretty! Love the papers and your coloring! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely card! The felt ribbon is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  34. A beautiful with great details1! And your colouring of the image is wonderful!!=)
    Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete