Wednesday 14 April 2010

Quixotic Paperie DT-Heavy Metal

Evening all! Hope you've had a good day-been a busy one here-but good busy-Ian's been on his day off today and took Leo out so I've had some extra creating time and time for adding listing in my etsy shop-which is where this card shall be going shortly:) Ooo and Quixotic Stampers are through to the semi-finals of the Greeting Farm Royal Battle-wohooo! Thanks to everyone who's voted so far-I'll be calling on you again;)

This week seems to be flying-it's already Wednesday and that means it's time for a new Quixotic Challenge-this week Kim has challenged us all to use metal on your projects-this can be pins, charms, staples, metal tags, spacers, and any other metal things you can think of! Elaine has put an offer of 10% off all spacers, pins, charms, flat backed pearls, jewels and Prima flower centres until 21st April so fill yer boots! lol

I had to use this Greeting Farm cutie called Dee Dee, and I decided to go all purple on this card-tis my fave colour y'know but I don't often use it on cards and projects really! All the papers are from the Basic Grey Sugar Rush paper pad available here, I inked all the edges with some distress ink in dusty concord. In my most recent DT package Elaine popped in some pins and these gorgeous beads which I added through my ribbon. I've not really used beads before but hey even I can stick a few beads through a pin so if you've not used them don't let it put you off-it really does add a pretty accent and best of all its customisable to suit the colours you've used rather than having to buy pins in every colour! Here's a close-up:~

For the layout I've followed the fab sketch over at Create4fun. Am also going to enter this at:

Allsorts-Petals and Pearls-
All That Scraps-Ink Distressing
Lucy's Cards-Stitching
Your Next Stamp-Stitching

Ooo and the sentiment is from the Spring AmyR sentiment set which you can grab here-the sentiments really can be used all year round not just for Spring! Think that's it from me today, hope you can find time to join us at Quixotic Challenges this week-ooo and Judy's back from her month long hols so go say hi and welcome her home! Thanks so much for coming by today and for any comments-I love hearing from you:)

19 comments:

  1. Purple is my favourite colour too & I just love Dee Dee. I really like the idea of pins and beads - something different xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rowena,
    Wonderful papers and colours. the embellishments are great and what a really sweet image.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Love coming to see what you've created...always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rowena,

    What a fantastic card, love all the glittery metal bits.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rowena,
    Love this little cutie. And I just got my order in form Quixotic Paperie. Too bad the sale was not last week. Thank you for making something for us to see every day. I look forward each day to see what fantastic thind you have come up with. Good Luck with your entries. Can't wait to see what you post for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rowena

    Just lovely. Adore the colours adn all the elements of interest.

    Also adore that DP, so much so that my piece has not got beyond the stroking stage.

    Thank you for joining in my Petals and Pearls theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous, love the adorable image and pretty papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh Rowena, this is so delish...... love how you've used those scrummy BG papers and thanks for the top tip about adding beads to pins, love it and I'm sure I have lots of beads hiding in my stash!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your make the most beautiful cards. Love all the embellishments in this one.

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Rowena, love the papers and the image and your colour scheme. Thanks for joining in at MTTC

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Rowena!
    Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge this week.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card I love the image and the colours are gorgeous thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable image and beautiful coloring! love her with this BG paper! Thanks for playing a long with the challenge at All That Scraps Challenge blog...hope you can join us again!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the detail in all the different layers, and your colouring is fab! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. STUNNING card, Ro! Absolutely gorgeous! That's another BG pad I just NEED to buy, LOL! Hugs, Simonne x (PS Thanks for joining our Stitching challenge at YNS Challenges!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh WOW! This is FABULOUS! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete