Monday, 4 May 2009

Colour Create


This card is for this weeks scrummy colour combo over at Colour Create of red, brown and cream. I decided to do quite a simple card today with minimal embellishments and focus on stamping instead. I love how it turned out in the end, I hadn't even used these lovely swirly stamps, they were hidden in my ever expanding stamp draw (I saw draw but its a chest of draws hehehe). Here are the materials I used:

Sugar Nellie stamp by Leanne Ellis
core'dinations cardstock
Inkadinkadoo clear swirl stamp
doodlebug mini brads
Elusive images Thank You plate
Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie paper
Coloured with distress inks-walnut stain, aged mahogany, tattered rose, vintage photo, broken china, peeled paint, fired brick

Weather's been a bit rubbish today hasn't it? I do love a bank holiday though! Not done too much today, popped down to the village for the scarecrow weekend and did a bit of crafting, nice chilled day:) I did win a punch on ebay, a lacey border punch so it'll be nice to have a go with that when it comes, got it for a bargain too-even better:)


8 comments:

  1. Oh what a stunning card, love the image and those papers are fabulous, love it!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour combo is my favourite it reminds me so much of ice cream lol. I really love this one and the image it looks quite rustic with that sentiment and you embellishments its fabby.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card hun. Fab papers and image and your swirly stamping is fantastic.
    Thanks for playing along at CC>
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats stunning,love the colours,hugs Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya I just wanted to let you know that I have left you an award for you to collect on my blog.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful!
    Such stunning detail and design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Create!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. The sentiment is superb. I love the image. Great swirl stamping too. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete