Saturday 6 June 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch....A Fathers Day Card


Hello lovely crafty friends! Are you having a lovely weekend? I've had a lovely crafting day as Ian as had a rare Saturday off and since we're saving for our holiday (this time next week we'll be in Whitby!) we've had a quiet day:) Well I have, Ian and Leo went to Tesco and then to a country wildlife reserve type place. I have 3 Fathers Day cards to make (one for Ian from leo, my dad and Ian's dad) so I thought I best get cracking!

The layout is from a sketch over at Midnight madness, I think I'll be using this again! They do have fab prizes so you should definetly go check it out! I've used some basic Grey archaic papers and some good ole core'dinations card. The stamp is a new one I got and haven't used yet by Sugar Nellie-isn't the little boy so cute! It reminds me of Leo when he 'paints'!

Materials: Sugar Nellie stamp (country cousins range) coloured with Promarkers, Basic Grey papers 'Archaic', core'dinations cardstock, brad from stash, BoBunny ribbon, clear tape printed with stars from stash (got it at a show ages ago and totally can't remember who makes it), dymo label maker for text, brad from stash.

Have a lovely evening! Thanks for stopping by, hope you like my card! I love reading any comments you leave so please do, then I can come visit you too!

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great Father's Day card! Lovely colours, lots to lok at and detail yet stil a man's card - well done - I always think men's cards are the most difficult :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love your shading and the image is adorable. Your framing and color combo works really well. Your use of the sketch really compliments the image. Thank you so much for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is incredible!! Fantastic job. I hope that you will keep playing with us.

    Hop over to my blog for some great blog candy I have up for grabs.

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Rowena. Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Ro this is awesome I absolutely love it the colours and image are fantastic and I mean it I just love your style.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image is very sweet and I love all the colors you used and how well they are came together and the black and white labels too, very nice!! Thank you for your submission to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Jane, MMDT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. whouahhhhh !!!! Your card is very GORGEOUS !!!!
    I love your work !!! and your colours is very very fabulous !!!!
    Hugs COCO

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!! Love your take on the sketch and how it compliments the image so well!! Great shading too!! Fab colors and Father's Day card! Glad you could play along with the MMDT this week!!
    smiles,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is stunning...what gorgeous tones and the layout is excellent. Love it. I look forward to seeing more of your artwork, it is first class. I join your "Followers" group and extend and invitation to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ro just wanted to let you know I have left something for you on my blog.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Your cards are stunning. I love the way you get the distressed look down to a t!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rowena, This is such a lovely card! I remember seeing it and loving it too! I thought I'd left you a nice comment... seriously, it was one of my favorites for that week. :) Anywho, I put your name in for a seconde chance with my blog candy. Thank you so much for signing up AND joining us at the MMSC. Have a great weekend. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete