Monday 31 August 2009

A Funny Old Weekend but here's something Gorjuss:)

Evening lovely bloggers:) How's your weekend been, or your bank holiday weekend for some? It's been a funny one here! Everything was going well till Ian (hubby) rang yesterday afternoon and said he'd had "a little accident", then the details came.... that he's wrote the car off, he'd spun it and landed upside down. Well, I was in a right kerfuffle! Got to him and he was in the ambulance, police were there, firemen were on their way...the whole lot! He'd managed to get out without so much as a scratch! Thank goodness! He was soooo lucky! There weren't any other cars involved so all that was ok, so we've just got our insurance to sort out now which is going to leave us a bit broke me thinks as we have a huge excess on the insurance:( Oh well am sure it'll sort out one way or the other.

But, onto happier things:) Here'a gorjuss christmassy card! This gorjuss girlie is available fromFunkykits and is perfect for christmas makes me thinks:) All the paper I've used is from my delicious new MME Laundry Line 12 x 12 pad that I got from Elaine at Quixotic at a bargain price as they're on special offer right now for a few more days so get em quick!

Stuff: Sugarnellie Gorjuss Girl 'Little Star' available here and coloured with copics, Papers MME Laundry Line available here, Embellishments (gold cord, charms, lace) available here, raffia from stash, su ribbon, su sentiment, sewing machine, crop a dile for hole punch on tag and core'dinations cardstock.

The layout of this card is from Friday Sketchers, which I've rotated and am also entering it for the ABC challenge as their theme this week is C for circles, and Pile it On's challenge for this week is 'round' so I reckon my card fits in with that too-well at least the paper and sentiment does:) Thanks for popping by and any comments you might leave me, they really make my day, truly! Huggles xxx

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. OMG this is just - did I say it already - Gorgeous. LOL. You do such a great job with all your cards and this is no exception.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! I just LOVE LOVE this! It's gorgeous. I think I say something along those lines every time I visit you but I just can;t help it, they always are, you work always has me on awe! She is just the cutest little Christmas girl isn't she, and even if she's not she's perfect for it! Stunning work as always gorgeous, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY! She is soooo cute! I ordered some stamps from Sugar Nellie, and I can't wait to get them! Your cards are sooo fabulous!

    I can't believe your husband's luck. Wow, how scary! Someone must be looking out for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh glad Ian is OK! Scary for you both and very very lucky indeed to not have a scratch. Whatever car you had get another one the same!

    I had my first ever accident the other day too, biker fell off on other side of road and slid right into my path. Fortunately for him I drive like a pensioner with the kids in the car so by the time I hit the anchors he only got tapped at about 5mph!


    Love the colours on your card, the greens are gorgeous! I just ordered from Elaine but missed that stack hey ho! Gone for the wild asparagus one instead :)

    Also love the ribbon detail and the charm, fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful card! Sorry to hear about the car accident... at least you can get another car but it is impossible to replace ones' Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy your husband made it through those scraps - how terrible! Good that you are handling it as best you can too. Do take care and thanks for posting such beautiful work! As I keep saying - you are MY inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. you do a great job of working patterned papers together without making it too busy. Great card!

    Amy -- Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope hubby is okay!

    What a stunning and gorgeous card! I love the vintage'y Christmas feel!

    TFS :*)
    ~ margie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Rowena, love the image, she has been coloured beautifully, and love the papers too! Hope your hubby is OK. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rowena, you must have been in a right panic! Glad to hear that Ian is ok though. The insurance thing will sort itself out I'm sure hun, just be thankful that Ian was not injured! I love this card. You know how fond I am of these wonderful GG's! Love these Laundry line papers as well. I am very tempted to get some of these myself!
    Have a great day hun!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Rowena, i am so sorry to hear about your hubbys accident, i am glad he is okay though and thats really all that matters. My hubby had an accident at work last week in the van, luckily he was okay but he did alot of damage to the van!!! never mind these things happen. Wow hunny what a totally gorgeous card, i am loving hte image and those papers look so luscious!! i hope you have a good week, will be in touch soon, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card Rowena,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is utterly adorable Ro! I love it..all the colours on this pad are stunning! Guess what I will be hoping for in mt DT pack!! LOL!!
    HUgs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY WORD poor Ian, glad he is ok hun, you must have been so worried :( at least it was only the car that got broke you can replace them, not people !!!! xxxx

    oh another note this card is gorjuss, i do love these images and those papers are scrummy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I'm so glad hubby is ok. Who cares about rotten old cars and insurance? OK I know it's not that simple, but life's too short hun...

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad your hubby is ok, must have been such a shock.

    Stunningly Gorjuss card, I absolutely love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Rowena. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card - gorgeous layers and colouring

    Thanks for joining us on ABC

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh wowww,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning Rowena!!! Big hugs to hubby, sound like he was very lucky!!!

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic card! I don't how you do it but keep on doing it! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Rowena.. thsi card is STUNNING!! I just love the pretty papers and sweet iamge, the embellishments are gorgeous! Congrats on your DT spot over at QP! :O)

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! I love the color combo! You should enter it at practical scrappers too! The deadline isn't until tomorrow: http://practicalscrappers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank goodness hubby's ok!! What a story!

    This card is just gorgeous! Love the papers and charms and lace! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully done Rowena!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!!

    ~Vicki
    Owner

    ReplyDelete