Sunday 16 August 2009

Pile it On-DT Card-Oh Boy!


Morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's operation clearout here this weekend, we've been getting rid of loads of old stuff and since I'm scheduling this but writing it last night (does that makes sense? hehe) I'll be at a car boot sale trying to sell said stuff! The money will be going in the stamp fund jar:) Anyways....

Since it is Sunday, that means it's Pile it On day and it's a fab challenge again! This week is also my last design team project. The theme this week is called Oh Boy! I know most people struggle a bit with cards for the boys but I do find them quite fun to make, nice change and all. Plus...Sugar Nellie does some fantastic boys stamps so you'll never be stuck for the 'right' image:) I've used one of the new Mary Hall stamps that you can buy as a single or as part of the full collection and there's some fab ones in there. I don't go mad with the combining this week, and I think it's cos I actually had done quite a few earlier in the week I started to run out of challenges! But, I've used the sketch at Friday Sketchers, and of course PIO and ABC challenge which this week is A is for Anything.

Stuff: Sugarnellie stamp by Mary Hall, BasicGrey boxer papers, distress inks in weathered wood and peeled paint, buttons from stash, inkadinkado sentiment, raffia from stash, cosmo cricket ribbon, brads from stash, sewing machine

Make sure you pop by the PIO challenge blog to check out the dt creations and there's a handy list of pretty much all the challenges in blogland to give you a helping hand:) Look forward to seeing your creations! Thanks so much for stopping by and any comments you might leave-they make my day!

18 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this dear. Such gorgeous coloring and love that image dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowena this is perfect for so many boys I know, I love it. Hope you make lots of stash pennies at the car boot, let us know how you get on.

    By the way, I see you have SU Best yet on your wish list, I have a spare & would be willing to trade for some stamped images & odd bits of stash..........let me know if you are interested......got all the Manga's I could stamp them for you to!!!!!

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely boy card and wonderfull colouring.
    x0x Marley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Rowena! Love this skateboarder imgae, perfect for teen cards! Hope you had a good day at the car boot, I can see that stamp fund jar filling up nicely! LoL!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Rowena, love all the super details! I have this little stamp myself, and you're so right about sugar nellies Boy's stamps! I love them and I also enjoy making boy cards!
    Hugs,
    Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Rowena!! An awesome masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great boy card, just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rowena...another fab guy card...you do them so well! This image is ssooo good for teens! love your sentiment with it!

    Yep I'm LOVING the new SN stamps...love all the headwear...I love hats but don't really suit them myself!! lol i am trying sooooo hard not to buy any more stamps though...the addiction is terrible!! I was lucky enough to get quite a few recently even though I still have loads of uninked stamps on my table...i want to use them all up before I buy any more....think I can make it...?! bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card!! great one for the chaps!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card Rowena, I struggle with teenage boys cards, and you're right - the Mary Hall stamps are just perfect
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is brill love the image just perfect love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh really funky and so fantastic.
    thank you so much for your entry with my sketch to the friday sketchers challenge.
    have a nice week. hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome and funky guy card!! You should enter it over at SSDS too, it's guy card challenge week! How's that for "Piling It On"? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi honey, hope the car boot sale went well & you made lots of money for the stamp fund (can never have too much money for the stamp fund lol) Fabulous card - it's what I've come to expect from you! :)

    Hugs
    Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous masculine card - love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great boys card, i always find these so hard to make. the image is fab and i love the sentiment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Rowena,
    It is gorgeous! I wanted to tell you that we miss ya' already... and we have a little post just for you at PIO. We wanted to make your last project special... so we wanted to post it in the middle of the week.

    http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/

    - dalis

    ReplyDelete