Tuesday 4 August 2009

The Sugar Bowl


Evening everyone! How's your day been? It's been pretty good this end and have had a lovely time having my mil here, and she so enjoyed seeing Leo again. Seems we're back to the wet weather again though doesn't it?!

It's Sugar Bowl time again and this time it's a gorgeous sketch by Marlene with the please include option of doodling. Now I haven't included doodling but if you want to be eligible for the prize then you must include it. The prize this time is a pick and mix of Sugarnellie stamps-who wouldn't love that!

I forgot to tell you yesterday about my sewing machine, a bit ago I said my brother machine needed a service but I think it didn't really love me putting card through it so I decided to save mr brother for just material and get a ickle machine purely for cardmaking and such. So after seeing a few recommendations..I got a sweet little Janome mini off an ebay shop for about £30 which arrived yesterday-and I love it! It's a good little sturdy machine, good speed, easy to use so I would definetly recommend it. So..I've got some stiching on this card, really missed adding it when I was without a machine, I think it finishes things off lovely like:)

Stuff: sugarnellie stamp 'ropeswing' coloured with copics and promarkers, mme wild asparagus and papermania regency papers, core'dination card, distressing tool, k and co rub on, prima flowers, pm brad, sewing machine, distress inks in antique linen and vintage photo, martha stewart doily lace punch.

Craft Stamper mag is out soon, Friday I think, though if you subscribe you'll have it already and a fab one it is too-especially since my teamie Judy's work is on the front cover! She's done a fab feature on stitching...you must check it out! Well am off to catch up with Big Brother, see yas tomorrows:)

24 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous. I love the Sugar Nellie stamps - not as much as you of course though. Hmmm have been meaning to do a card for this sketch and keep forgetting. I love your colours and your distressing.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning card, so much beautiful detail! Love it!
    Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love everything about it,GORGEOUS!
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and coloring! Love the stitching on your card too. Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love the sweet image, and all the distressing is fab. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Rowena, love the colours and gorgeous stamp
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! Love the beautiful vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!! Love those rich browns
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Rowena. Cute image and I love the shabby chic / vimtage feel you've got!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rowena, this is so beautiful! I LOVE your coloring and the image is so adorable! The colors are so rich!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is just gorgeous!! I love your interpretation of the sketch and the colors that you have used are gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the challenge
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Rowena, I can see why your talents keep getting recognised - your work is so fabulous, you go girl!
    Love Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to be able to work out how to use mine! I got a sew crafty mini still in the box *ahem* since 2006!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This card is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore stitching on cards too, i really should make more of an effort on my cards and use my machine more.
    Another fab card BTW hunny, image coloured beautifully....
    enjoy BB..Charlie to win!!! why is it the cutest ones are always gay lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic Rowena I love it, its stunning.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Rowena, this is so full of richness with the colours you used.A stunning card that someone will be very lucky to receive

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Rowena! I love how you distressed all around her. The papers are so pretty also. Love it! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't mean to go all Blogger-Stalker on you, but your creations are stunning!! The colouring is gorgeous and your colour pallettes and aging techniques are beautiful.
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this card is so great. I like it very much.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! Totally gorgeous!! Love the papers and those flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete