Saturday 29 August 2009

Happy Halloween Doorhanger!


Evening everyone! Hows the bank holiday weekend going? Mine's going well and I've had a really fun evening making this Halloween doorhanger (click image for a close up)! The other day when I was having a bit of lunch I was reading a back issue of the Craft Stamper magazine from May when my friend Judy had done a fab Sugarnellie feature and one of the projects she'd made was a doorhanger and since I wanted to start my Halloween (Samhain to some of us) projects I thought it would be ideal!

For the papers I've used the fab MME The Spiders Web from Elaine at Quixotic here with some distress ink in dusty concord sponged lightly. The fab image is one of Mo's-I absolutely adore her artwork and was only $3! Bargain!

Stuff: Mo's digital image 'Halloween Witch' coloured with Promarkers and copics, MME The Spiders Web available here, core'dinations card, distress ink in dusty concord, weathered wood and fire brick red, tim holtz distressing tool, gold elastic cord and twine available here, buttons from stash, sentiment is from a halloween stamp set but not sure of the brand (possibly hero arts).

I'm going to enter my project at Truly Scrumptious which was anything but a card and Double Dutch who asked us to pick one of their previous challenges to create from so mine is challenge 16 called Do not Disturb. Also over at Allsorts this week they're banning rubber and want to see digis so this definetly fits!

Since we're on the subject of Halloween have you seen these new Halloween stamps from Sugarnellie designed by Mary Hall? How cute are they? I just love em! They'll be available very soon from Funkykits so keep checking regularly so you don't miss out! Night night all!







30 comments:

  1. what a fantastic door hanging so beautifully coloured...that cute image is fabulous...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creation. I love the Mo stamps - they are just gorgeous and you did a fabbo job with it. Love the new SN stamps. I want the Manga kids ones. As soon as they come out I am hoping. LOL. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute.. love the image.. you coloured it very well!! xx Marley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute witch Rowena, one that I would love to have in my stash for obvious reasons lol. Ahhhh Samhain what a time that is hey?
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your coloring looks just like paint, I'm amazed! One of these days I'm going to have to try copics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rowena
    A gorgeous card,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous - brilliant choice of design and papers. That is one adorable image of Mo's and your colouring is awesome.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brill and I love that witch!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rowena, this is a fab creation....yep, Mo's artwork is fantastic...love this witchy!! Fab colouring as alwaysm and your papers are perfect! bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rowena - Love the Halloween doorhanger - is it really that time of year already?!!! The MME papers are fabulous - haven't seen those before (I'm still in summer mode with Bloom&Grow and Asparagus)!! The image is fab., and it's so nice to have all the info. on products details. Thank you.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutley amazing Rowena. Love this cute image from Mo and the MME papers are delish! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is terrific!

    Smiles,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is soooooooo cool, it all works beautifully
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rowena, This is fantastic! Love the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rowena, love your Samhain door hanger, just fabulous, such a great image, think I will have to check out that artist, gorgeous colours you have used. I have a witch doorhanger but she's there all year round as I love her so much I cannot bear to put her away, think she keeps all the bad stuff away too. Dawn Marie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow what a stunning card I love the image and how you have coloured when you say you sponged on the distress inks do you just literally take the sponge to the ink pad dry and sponge on?
    tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card,i love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Your colouring is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and "scary" halloween card. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rowena

    Gorgeous colours on your door hanging and I love all the details that are in the background.

    Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic door hanger and your colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining us at TS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOh this card is amazing, i love Halloween, and so does my kids :D
    Just fab!! keep up the splendid work!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...absolutley fabulous door hanger!
    Love the image and your wonderful colouring!
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant - love the image and colouring..

    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous doorhanger I really love the halloween image....fab

    thanks for joining in on my challenge this eek at Allsorts

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh WOW this is gorgeous I LOVE halloween, this image is beautiful, Mo's images are just soooooo lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely brilliant, Rowena! Love Mo's awesome image, and your colouring and choice of papers are perfect.

    Funnily enough, I was flicking through back issues of CS last week and pondering Judy's doorhanger!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic card,beautiful colouring!!!
    thank you for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great door hanger project. This has inspired me to create some door hangers for chritmas!

    ReplyDelete