Tuesday 28 April 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge


This time over at the Sugar Bowl (which is defo my fave challenge blog-just love love love those sweet stamps) the theme is to make a mens card for any age! Quite a toughie but really enjoyed it. I made this card for my husband as it is his Birthday this month-hope he likes it! I went to town on the distressing-which was really fun! 

Before I get to the ingredients here's a question-When you craft do you listen to music, enjoy the peace and quiet, watch the tv, or something else?I listen to audio books usually when I craft or music-am on Terry Pratchetts Mort right now-am just getting into his books so haven't heard many.

On this card I used mainly dcwv rockstar stack, core-dinations card, coloured with promarkers, brads were doodlebug and HOTP, also used some jute, the sentiment is from penny black t for transparency. Hope you have a fab day everyone. xxx

12 comments:

  1. Yet again another great card. I don't listen to anything when crafting. I like having just the TV on in the background just for some white noise IYKWIM. I like the peace and quiet when my kids are in bed. LOL.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning I love the colours!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby card.......love the distressing. :)
    I'd like to say peace & quite but actually DH has either the TV or radio on so it is never exactly quite!! Tend not to notice anymore.....Will do some craft watching TV if its possible sometimes.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card i've never seen this image before. sandra (Do crafter Annette) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely card! thanks for joining the sugar bowl challenge!
    Hugs Tiets

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card,love the colour,hugs andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I love this card the colours are fab and that distressing...perfect...what a fab image I just love it all and your hubby will be well pleased.
    As for music in the daytime I normally like peace and quiet but in the evening the TV is normally on for background noise or if there is something good on I will listen to whats going on. But I do like relaxing music the sort I play on my blog.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous cards. your blog is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have a flair and an eye for detail and design x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there new friend. I love your card, I have never seen that monkey before. Soo cute. As for noise, I have 6 children so it is never really quiet, but when it is quiet, I bask in it. In the day time I usually play my playlist on my blog to drown out Disney Channel in background. LOL! You asked about my Prisma watercolor pencils...I love them, very easy to use. They lay down color fabulously. Can't wait to see what you make next.
    Hugs!! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,Love your blog and love the image on your fab card,hope to see you around more,hugs Janette.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi fab card didnt manage to get this done but am so pleased you won. I usually have the tv on in the background but dont ask me what is on. lol

    ReplyDelete